Loch Ness and the Great Glen
Loch Ness is perhaps Scotland's best known loch. Even without its monster phenomenon, its dramatic setting and scale would still make it a commanding attraction. It is a popular excursion from Loch Ness Glamping and various operators offer cruises.
Drive west from Loch Ness Glamping to Strathglass and take the Glen Affric road from Cannich. Glen Affric is often described as the most beautiful glen in Scotland. It has tracts of native Scots Pine woods and a backdrop of high mountains.
The glen is great for wildlife watching, mountain biking, walking and simply enjoying the wild outdooors.
Culloden is the site of the last battle fought on the British mainland. The National Trust for Scotland have restored the site to look as much as possible as it did in 1745. Their Culloden Visitor Centre tells the story in an innovative and moving way.
Highland Trekking and Trail Riding
Trek through Glen Affric - stunning scenery and total isolation: Highland Trekking and Trail Riding.
Ride in the hills overlooking the sweep and the mystery of Loch Ness! Splash through the bay! Children lead rides.
Other activities in the area:
- Bike Hire
- Boots N Paddles - local award winning outdoor pursuits company
- Welcome to Scotland - some things to do
- Cruises on Loch Ness
- Guided Highland Tours and Walking Tours
- Visit Loch Ness
- Historic Scotland
- www.forestry.gov.uk - Free Forest Xplorer iPhone App
- Discover Loch Ness - book your Jacobite Cruise
- Argyll Wildlife Hub - a centre for discovering Argyll's amazing wildlife
- Fishing at Rothiemurchus